Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm wearing tights and buying bathing suits. Big old WTF.

Today's post is an extension to Sunday's ramblings...

As suspected, the Anthropologie sale is on, but more of a mini-sale than a lot of fellow bloggers hoped or expected. That being said, I was suckered in to order 2 random items that showed up on my wishlist as second cuts.

First, the Bluebells Awakening Cardi.

I don’t know why I’ve always been drawn to this sweater - probably the color combo of jet black and pastels - but at $39.95 ($158 originally) I just couldn’t pass it up. The online reviews are promising, and I think it would look fabulous with my J Crew symphony necklace and a grey pencil skirt or dark jeans.







The Circle Adornments top went 50% off, but weirdly, I decided to pass after a reality check on my wardrobe - I think I have enough light-pink flowy tops to sink a small ship.



So, beyond those, not much else on my wishlist went on sale today. Except for this random swimsuit I added a loooong ways back. Yea, totally random. I mean, I hate buying bathing suits, and certainly have never bought one from Anthro (holy hell why would I spend that much on an item of clothing I will never feel hot in?!?!), but an oldie one-piece with a fun red/white/navy print and a cute skirt that might make me feel a bit more covered went on super markdown... and I decided to give it a go.



The item name is On-The-Dot Maillot, but doesn’t seem to be an active posting any longer... so apologies for the teensy picture. They have several sizes available (according to my wishlist) and it’s a steal at 30 freaking bucks (especially as opposed to the original $268 price tag – wtf?). Style number is 953665, in case you are interested in picking one up for yourself.


Bottom line: including tax, I got in and out of the sale for under 85 bucks… I’m actually kind of impressed by myself.

That's a wrap.

P.S. I should have my Aniseed Skirt doppelganger today or tomorrow. Will post a review asap!

2 comments:

  1. What a great price for that Bluebells Awakening cardi. I don't need more cardigans, but it's hard to resist. I'm glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That swimsuit is awesome!! I hope it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete