Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This should be interesting (or a total bust)

Tonight will be a first for me: a Gilt Groupe event. Yes, indeed, I'm attending the book launch of "Classy" by Derek Blasberg which is being hosted by Gilt (hm, I guess I 'get' it) and Nate Berkus (ok, love him, but the combo is kind of strange).



I'm going to said event because 1. I'm curious and have yet to hear of, much less attend, a Gilt event... and 2. I'm not one to turn down some free cocktails (and hopefully a signed copy of this adorable book!). Of course, since it's hosted by Gilt and at the W, I tried to dress cute but was thwarted by the odd weather/my pale legs and a day's work/an-outfit-that-is-now-a-wrinkled-mess. Crapsters. Oh well, can anyone expect to look super put-together on a Wednesday evening?

Maybe I'll just keep my coat on.



I'll keep you posted on how the event plays out...

1 comment:

  1. wow, this sounds like a fun event, emily! i'm sure u'll look great in whatever u decide to wear:) looking forward to ur review of the event!

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete