Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My latest acquisitions: pretty as a picture

My Anthro items landed on my front stoop today, so I'll be trying the new goodies on and posting reviews asap. In the meantime, wanted to share two new non-Anthro and non-shoe (gasp!!) items I bought recently that I heart.

First, I travel for work. Not every week, but enough that it matters what I'm traveling with. Speed and comfort is key, and having a great carry-on can make or break my week. If for some reason I have to check my bag and wait at O'Hare for it to finally hit baggage claim, which usually takes around 45 minutes from landing, well, let's just say it can spoil my day. Or days. So I've been searching high and low for something function (read: small and with good pockets) AND me (read: cute and makes me smile, even when my flight is delayed). I also didn't want to break the bank on something that will only get banged up with every use.
So I started my search at the obvious retailers: Target and Amazon. I couldn't find anything but the blah at Target and Amazon was just a maze of options with ambiguous reviews. So I decided to take a look at ebags.com, and boy am I glad I did.

Meet my new travel-pal, the Diane Von Furstenberg 21" Runway Carry-on. It's light-weight and fabulously chic with its olive color fabric and bronze metallic trim and gold finished hardware. So me. And with ebags fab pricing, the ebates rebate I recieved, I scored this lovely little thing for around 60 big ones. The reviews are strong, so while I wish the pull handle felt a touch sturdier, I have high hopes for this new purchase.





I also have a new ebay score to brag about. I missed out on the Anthropologie Moulinette Soeurs Sabine Dress so naturally I was freaking thrilled when I stumbled upon it NWT on ebay. In my size! So I placed my bid, and waited patiently (or rather impatiently htting refresh about 1,356 times a minute) until the action closed and it was mine! So hooray for finding a new Anthro dress to pep up my wardrobe. I am looking forward to winterizing this one with tights and a cardi.


That's it for now. Stay tuned for my reviews on a few Anthro items!

No comments:

Post a Comment