Sunday, January 31, 2010

I used to think Lacey was just a perfect stripper name

A new trend emerging for Spring/Summer 2010 has captured my interest: lace. And no, not lace intimates, but rather separates and dresses. I adore anything with a vintage feel, so not surprised I'm jumping on this trendwagon. Some of the pieces out there are a perfect mix of sophisticated and whimsical, and look perfect for both layering and hot summer days.

After much hemming and hawing, I decided on two lace tunics to add to my wardrobe: the first is this peaches and cream lovey which comes from one of my absolute favorite Etsy sellers, Liron.

Liron is not only a total sweetheart and wonderful to work with, but she hand creates amazing and comfortable custom clothes that I have quickly become obsessed with. Check out her etsy store here and tell her Emily sent you!

The second lace piece on it's way is a spectacular cheapy from F21. I am really excited to see this one, and hoping it doesn't disappoint (read: doesn't look like crapola). One of my favorite bloggers, Chloe was super sweet enough to bring this vinatagey-lacey-ruffly masterpiece to my attention in her daily 'online deals' posting.



This top looks feminine but substantial, and I love the cream color as well as the construction which I'm hoping will prove to be flattering for my shape.

There are tons of other great lace tops and skirts that I covet. But I think I've already maxed out the number of lacey pieces one girl can own, so I'd definitely love to see what everyone else is buying/loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment