Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm in need of a Top 10...

I'm having a rough Thursday. It started with a stranger on the El tripping on me and damaging my nearly-new RM purse. Lovely. The day has continued with back-to-back meetings, handling urgent requests while trying to eat breakfast, and now lunch, at my desk. I'd much rather be outside as it's 74 degrees and fantastically gorgeous, but I have a zillionnnn things to do before I leave the office so not going to happen. What is my remedy for this sad state I'm in? While I eat my quickie lunch I'm going to remind myself of some of my favorite things:

1.) My engagement ring. It's amazing. Stunning, perfect and so freaking sentimental in a variety of ways.
2.) Crystal Light On-the-Go... I know, polar opposite of my diamond, but I swear I consume at least 3 of these a day. The chemicals or faux sugar are probably not the best for me, but it's a means to an end for getting me to drink a ton more water than I would without it.
3.) Sample Sales. I have had the most luck (or spent the most..?..??) on Gilt Groupe, but I've also picked up some great finds on Hautelook and Ideeli. I have to say I've been rather disappointed with Rue La La lately. I haven't cancelled my membership though. I love the thrill of getting that coveted item both in my 'cart' and then later on my front step. These sites have opened up a whole new world for those of us that crave fashion-at-a-deal but don't live in NYC.
4.) Etsy. Because of my jewelry-designing/crafting aspirations I was introduced to etsy.com a while back. I haven't been able to make much of my own creations, but that's entirely due my laziness. I have, however, discovered some amazing handcrafted and one-of-a-kind items... I heart accessories, and especially those that other's can't find.
5.) Sleeping in. But Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut Coffee when you can't.
6.) Sushi, especially at Blu Coral on Milwaukee Avenue (http://www.blucoralchicago.com/chicago/home.php). If you haven't been there you need to go. Now. IMO, it truly is the best sushi in town. I am a giant fan of all their specialty rolls, but definitely try the Urban Heat, and save room for the Exotic Bomba dessert!
7.) Luscious Lashes... I'm a believer in Revitalash (http://www.revitalash.com/)! No lie, my lashes are visibly longer after using this for the past month. I recommend buying it off Amazon for a better deal, but I'm a convert.
8.)Havaianas. I realize these are so similar-looking to those you can get at Old Navy for a smidge of the price, but they last so much longer and feel so much better. http://www.havaianasus.com... I have multiple pairs of the metallic beige Havi's, my latest I found at The Gap --- so bizarre they sell Havaianas, but fantastic because I can use my BR gift cards there!
9.) Pedicures. Ladies, we all need to give some attention to our feet. Everyone should carve out some tootsie-time -- it will relax you, and feet are just plain grody sans pedicure.
10.) Working late. Just kidding. But I do like sarcasm. Ok, back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment