Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ready for my peanuts and Cracker Jack!

Happy Tuesday, readers.

I hope you all are having the same GORGEOUS weather we're having here in Chicago! It's sunny and in the 70's... and get it is NOT sticky-nasty-humid. In fact it's amazing outside. What makes that even more fabulous is I'm going to the Cubs game tonight with coworkers and the Hubs - oh how I love baseball games when the weather is beautiful. Seriously, what beats sitting at a game and mashing your face into some nacho's in perfect 70-degree weather?

Nada, I say, nada.

The one hitch: in my race to get out of the house this AM I forgot a cardigan/wrap of any sorts. I spent too much time picking out a cute-but-baseball appropriate outfit (and one that doesn't clash hideously with my current bright-blue nail color), that I completely forgot any type of cardi. And while I l.o.v.e. this weather, I know I'll be quite chilly-willy as soon as the sun goes down.

So what's a girl to do... go to Anthropologie! I mean it's only block away from my office AND they just had a fresh cut of sales.

Don't fret dear Hubs (I know you're reading this), I was good and bought ONE cardigan AND it was on sale. Talk about practicing moderation. It wasn't easy, but I did it.

So tonight, I'll be pairing my circa '08 We Love Vera floral top (including it's crazy-lovely neckline) with the uber soft and cute Field Game cardi. Kind of a mental screw in patterns, but I quite enjoyed it in my quick fitting-room check...

Please excuse the horrible pic of me - wanted to show you my pattern-pairing though. I swear it's cuter in real life, and not in my office ladies' room.




Reminder, you have today and tomorrow to enter the MAC giftcard contest! Click here if you haven't entered. Thanks for all of the entries thus far - I can't wait to select a winner :)

1 comment:

  1. I work close to an anthro too, and it's the best way to spend a lunch hour, isn't it?! Great sweater! Have fun at the game!

    ReplyDelete